Volunteers’ Week 2022 – Getting Involved
Volunteers’ Week is a special week earmarked to thank volunteers for all that they bring to their local communities, volunteers that make a difference to communities throughout Torfaen supporting organisations and helping people.
Volunteers Week is celebrated between 1st and 7th June every year. It is a week in which the UK celebrates volunteers and says thank you to them for the contribution that they make. The week also raises awareness about the benefits of becoming a volunteer and the diverse volunteering roles that are available.
As well as helping others, Volunteering has been shown to have a positive impact on the lives of those who volunteer, assisting volunteers in gaining new skills and boosting self-esteem. There are many voluntary organisations across Torfaen that rely on volunteers to help others.
- Volunteering can be a good way to look at developing new skills or providing skills to organisations that you already have, to add to your CV.
- To help an organisation that is close to your heart.
- To meet new people, have something that you do on a regular basis.
- To enable you to feel part of your community and to feel that you are making a difference.
You can add your volunteer opportunities to Connect Torfaen and in turn we can share these across our networks.
This year TVA are asking for organisations to send in video clips of their organisation – below are a few suggestions;
- A video to promote your volunteer roles and hopefully recruit more volunteers
- A video to say thank to your volunteers for all their hard work.
- A video of your volunteers telling us what they have been up to over the last few months.
- A video of a volunteer explaining their volunteer role.
- A video explaining what your organisation does, who you support and what you hope to achieve over the coming months.
We can then highlight the videos on our social media platforms, so that people are more aware how much volunteers and organisations do to support individuals and communities throughout Torfaen. The video clips will only need to be about 30 seconds long and can be done on your phone via Whatsapp. We can then run the videos throughout Volunteers’ Week to raise aware of what’s going on in Torfaen. You would need to send the videos to TVA by the 18th May.
- Remember Volunteers’ Week is a great opportunity to thank volunteers and TVA are more than happy to run thank you messages throughout the week send them through and we will get them onto TVA’s social media platforms.
- Why not host a coffee and catch up for volunteers during Volunteers’ Week as a thank you to your volunteers’ and let us know and we will add to our social media.
If you have any others ideas or suggestions please let me know and we will try to add them to list.
This has been a challenging year and volunteers have really made a big difference in so many ways, so let’s celebrate and recognise those achievements.