Business in the Community
Business in the Community’s (BITC) job coaching programme is supporting unemployed jobseekers through a series of one-to-one coaching sessions with the active involvement of businesses across the UK.
Our ambition is to support 10,000 people to get ready for new jobs and to create more inclusive recruitment practices across the UK.
We are offering jobseekers a volunteer coach from one of our member businesses to provide support to improve skills, wellbeing and access employment opportunities. Our businesses benefit because they are helping to create change both internally and externally to their organisation. The coaches are trained volunteers who choose to support jobseekers.
Who will the programme help?
The programme is designed for jobseekers who would benefit from working one-to-one with a volunteer coach to build their skills, enhance their wellbeing and improve their chances of progressing into employment and:
- are aged 18+
- are unemployed and ready for work
- speak good conversational English (level 1)or Welsh
- have access to an email address and a phone.
How does it work?
- Your client jobseeker will be offered the choice of one of three coaches to provide them with one-to-one support.
- Jobseekers meet with their coaches online or by phone for six, 60-90 minute sessions, over four to six months.
- Both jobseekers and coaches benefit together – coaches help jobseekers with skills, confidence and employment opportunities while also enhancing their own skills and wellbeing.
- BITC provides continued guidance and support throughout the programme.
For further information and to find out how to refer jobseekers who you are working with, please email BITC at email@example.com or call Simon Walters on 07843350077
Skills Exchange – 1:1 Skilled Business Volunteer Support
Our Skills Exchange programme connects businesses and community organisations to drive local impact
If your organisation would benefit from skilled business volunteer support in any of the following areas simply register your request at www.businessresponsecovid.org.uk
- Finance / budgets/ funding applications
- HR/ policy writing/ staff management/ change management/ training
- Technology and digital support (technology set ups, remote working advice or website help)
- Marketing, comms and social media
- Business planning, project management and general business support and advice
- Specialist services like legal support or advice from surveyors etc
- Business mentoring
For further information or to discuss your needs and how we might be able to support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Simon Walters on 07843350077