Funding Opportunities

TVA periodically administers funding opportunities to benefit the third sector in Torfaen

Current TVA Hosted Funding Opportunities

Regional Intergration Fund (RIF) 2024/25

The  RIF Grant 2024-25 is now open for applications from third sector organisations who are supporting the health and wellbeing of people in the communities within Gwent. Funding is available for locally based projects that meet the RIF Priority themes:

  • People with a Learning Disability, Neurodiverse and Neurodevelopmental Conditions 
  • Children &Young People with Complex Needs
  •  People with Emotional Health & Wellbeing Needs 
  • Older People including People with Dementia
  •  Unpaid Carers
 

Applications can be made for grant from £5,000 up to a maximum of £20,000 for activities based in Torfaen. 

To download a copy of the application and the grant guidance click below.

If you would like to discuss your application before submitting, contact our funding team: 

01495 365610 or email funding@tvawales.org.uk 

 

Application Deadline: Friday 24th May 2025

Torfaen Youth Led Grants

Small grants of up to £5,000 (over a two-year period) are available from TVA to enable projects to run that provide volunteering opportunities for young people aged 14-25 years.

The young people can be from an existing group or just young people coming together to run a project of their own choosing. The application must be written by a young person.

Past projects have included organising fundraising events to support local charities, local environmental schemes, and improving facilities for older people. Examples of future projects could be around mental health, young carers, the elderly, health & wellbeing, art, life skills etc.

A panel of young people from Torfaen will assess the applications. They would like all applications to be submitted with a short video (2mins max) explaining the project presented by the lead young person.

Please Note: 90% of the grant allocation will be processed to enable you to commence the project, the remaining 10% will be processed following receipt of your monitoring.

Eligibility

 

Applications must:

  • be Youth Led.
  • provide volunteering opportunities in Torfaen.
  • benefit the wider community and young people.
  • have an adult to take responsibility (18+).
  • be made up of at least 3 young people.
  • be legally constituted with a governing document that is signed and adopted; (the objectives of the project must fit with the constitution);
  • be independent of government and private sectors;
  • have a bank account, in the name of the organisation, which requires at least two signatures
  • have youth representation to assist the application assessment process if necessary
  • Evidence that the project will contribute towards the seven Well-being of Future Generations Act (2015) goals.

Priority Areas

 
The Youth Led Grants will be expected to fund projects which contribute towards the Seven Well-being of Future Generations Act (2015) goals. (Please note not all projects will have to deliver against all seven goals)

All one year projects must be completed and accounted for by March 31st 2025

Two year projects must be provide interim report by March 31st 2025

Any funding not spent by this date must be returned

For further information, contact the funding team – funding@tvawales.org.uk

Time Remaining to apply

Closing Date: 16th June 2023 @ 12:00

  • 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Minutes

Other funding opportunities

Skip to content